View Single Post
Old 13-08-2017, 07:52 PM
rogerg (Roger)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidTrap View Post
Lots of good info in this thread.

I'm interested to hear what sensitivity setting you've settled with.

I am planning to wire one of these into an observatory for redundancy. I plan to put it inside the observatory, so it should only see rain if the AAG has failed to close the roof. It would be wired back to the roof controller directly and to the interface box that communicates with the PC. If the PC fails, it should trigger the roof controller and if the roof controller/motor have failed, it should send a call for help via the PC.

Thoughts/comments?

Ta
DT
I haven't got further with this sorry, it was pushed down the priorities. However your proposed configuration is exactly what I am planning to build in a new observatory at the end of this year and so I have been expecting to make software and tune configuration of the sensor in doing that. I have been keen to review the documentation for the Hydreon because I thought it mentioned dew, and have toyed with the idea of leaving it on maximum sensitivity but installing a weather durable heating element to prevent dew. Need much more info first though, particularly to confirm for sure if it was dew that triggers my false closures.

Regards,
Roger.