View Single Post
Old 22-06-2019, 08:20 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

A scientific model stands or falls on the predictions it makes, generally the predictions should be repeatable rather than the fulfilment of a single prophesy one would like to think however in the case of the BBT it of course can only make a prediction as to what we can be xpect to find on the first occassion we make the observation ...whatever...so one important prediction made by BBT is the finding of light elements and the observations found levels of hydrogen and helium in the predicted ratios however the prediction required three times the lithium that has been observed. Does this count as a failed prediction given the demands upon scientific model to be rather exact...consider Newtons gravity and Murcury and how GR was exact...I have read that yes the lithium was there in the predicted amount but due to a process described in the fix it is now not there in the ratio predicted...Does that save the day as far as the demands made upon a scientific theory or not...and I do wonder why given the fact implications of the tequirement of a correct prediction that there is not yet what would seem a satisfactory resolution...any thoughts?
Also can anyone advise the size of the universe when the first light was given off..the light which I believe is what we now see as the Cosmic Background Radiation? I am not sure and ask here particularly as I got inflation so wrong.
Alex