View Single Post
Old 15-06-2019, 02:29 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Termites are abundant. They will eat most everything...books clothes furniture ...anything that is stationary really. Not steel of course.
They will win so no point in thinking you have a chance really...I will make the floor as good as I can to hold them out so they have to come out in the open to get to anything but they will come thru cement ..I may lay some termie mesh if I can find any...maybe sit the box on iron sheet so they have to come out to get to the timber ... I bury pine around the place to monitor if they are near...they dont like movement I think..I had a door that survived for years but when I left that house empty for six months they ate it thru. I should be able to see them arrive and that is the key ... disturb them as much as possible... they can eat the hardwood it could be eaten out and is still very strong ..the pine is a different matter but if they get to it I will fibre glass it and they can eat the lot☺ ... Also there are three different ant nests around the van and ants will have termites for breakfast...but there is so much wood on the ground past the clearing one hopes they may leave me and alone....maybe pour that diesel I drained from the sunken boat on the ground ...I am not sure if that could work.
Anyways being realistic by the time it all falls down I will be in old age care or dead...I can build faster than they can eat☺
Alex