Thread: Almost there.
View Single Post
Old 13-06-2018, 05:47 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

I made today a shield for the finder scope and the guide scope.
There was a perfect piece of cardboard in tbe fire box quiet thick..almost too thick as I had to roll it round on a spray can..
I did not have any paint so I wrapped it in red insulating tape locky very professional..the red balances the red zwo on the othe end of the guide scope...the inside is not painted so it may go soogy however it will test how much that helps.
My 240 stack of yhe Prawn Neb after producing and image crashed so without thinking I started again this time selecting 85% to weed out the poorer ones and added some darks...but the image that I saw for a moment with a slight adjustment like the first twenty seconds it vanished...anyway its running again and its clearded up but I will do without it as I could get cloudy quick.
At least test the little dew shield.
Good news both batteries achieved max charge with minimal Sun so that is a positive.
My daughter and I were playing around photgraphing Jupiter..she loved the little Moons must post a shot its cute but I dialed back the iso tried a few things and managed a shot which blown up you could see the rings..poor quality but it has got me thinking to see what you could do at such a short fl.
So I am trying an extenstiin of my findvthe center of the circle alignment...making sure the scope is lined up with the polar axis...and trap for young players..the mount had settled a little and it needed a level up date..small point but...

I feel tired but I have determine if it is ever clear to be out there.

As I said to my father if you have a keg of beer you gotta keep drinking sure its bad for your health as is staying up late but hey what are you going to do...

And showed my daughter around pointing out locations discussing black holes and gravity as I see it and assuring her that I am not crazy...and she believes me.☺

I have found a lady astrologer to look after the other place...its gone down hill because of my absence..the observatory was taken..I must ask about the 12 inch the shed burnt down or someone burnt it down.
The price of too many other things to do and having a place I cant get...still it is what it is...the stars are out at the moment and the camera is farming me a harvest of photons...
Think of them as has having a value given the money we spend..could one work out what each photon costs to produce...big numbers..need the fed☺
Alex