View Single Post
Old 30-07-2014, 02:22 PM
neilallison (Neil)

Hey guys.

I've tried several power sources. The power source out in the field is normally 2 x deep cycle batteries in parallel. However, I've also tried 2 different power packs as well. No change.
As far as the mobile phone is concerned, I never make calls when I'm out in the field. I'm with Vodafone so the opportunity to make a call would be nice sometimes !!!
I've tried several different USB cables using different ports on the HiTecAstro hub. The interference stays with the imaging camera.

I've already fitted ferrite beads to all the cables (power and USB).

My latest tests today included unplugging all the un-necessary devices (focuser, heaters, rear fan etc) and just leaving the mount and camera plugged in. I also separated the cables from each other. The interference was still there.

In desperation, I removed the cover from the control board on the mount and unplugged the RA motor then powered the mount on and slewed to an object.. Guess what..... No interference. So I plugged the RA motor back in and unplugged the DEC motor. Interference back again.

This has led me to believe that the issue is with the RA motor. I'm now trying to figure out where to get a motor from