View Single Post
Old 12-08-2013, 04:46 PM
White Rabbit
Space Cadet

How are you connecting the Lodestar to the Gemini. If you are you using ST4 you need to select "Mount" not "Ascom" in the drop down menu. If you are pulse guiding then you need to select Ascom. Have you tried both?

Do you guys have any backlash in your drives, perhaps PHD isnt clearing the back lash properly.
After calibration stop guiding but loop the image and nudge the scope north and west to take up any backlash then try guiding again, nudge it until you see the star move. Make sure you are east heavy, if you have any back lash and you balance is perfect it could be bouncing the scope every time the gears engage. I've had some similar weird things happen during calibration and nudging the mount works for me. Might not be your issue but worth a try.

Have you guys checked out the pendulum set up for the G11 so that no matter where you are pointing you are always east heavy? Have a look in the file section in the Yahoo group there are a few images of it. I have it on mine and it works really well.

Sandy