View Single Post
Old 17-02-2018, 11:15 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindman View Post
Ha, if you didn't know, big bang theory was presented by priest (can you believe Catholic)!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXflufzrd2w

enjoy
Thank you for the vid.
I know where the big bang came from I said so above.
A priest who liked the idea of a cosmic egg.
If you like an idea I think building science to establish that idea is open to what should be obvious problems.
Certainly the big bang only deals with the evolution of the universe a moment after what would seem the moment of creation...A religious person may like the big bang for that reason..it would be for some religious folk having science support creation...the Pope says as much..I still like the general prospect of an eternal universe but certainly that model was shot down because of the BB theory prediction of background radiation. But steady state leaves no room for a creator so think who you will have lining up to oppose it...Jews, Muslims and Christians and all the variations of those groups.
They all despite their differences must have a creation point or else they dont get off the ground...
Steady state universe died because it had no point of creation I suspect so those above would e haply to see it trashed...

The observation of background radiation fits the prediction so BB claimed victory...thats the way it goes...however as far as I know we can't go past the background radiation, it is the limit of our observation..we certainly can not observe the BB or anything between the BB and the background radiation.
So it would be nice to have ealier observations but it seems we cant have such.
BB certainly will make religious folk happy and that is one of the reasons that I dont trust it...
I find it disturbing that folk talk about the BB as a fact when the reality is we can never know but to me when someone becomes dogmatic I become concerned...although as the years go by I expect something may turn up...but probably thousands of years...maybe if religion dies out others will come back to steady state.
As I said I think the idea of inflation is just too hard to swallow...I dont think folk realise that the universe supposedly grew from a grape fruit to the observable universe in a split second..I dont care what the math says I simply dont buy it...
And of course the inflation theory allows multiple universes ...so that would be a heck of a lot of activity in that first split second.
But I am a mug without the inteligence to understand i flation.
The original observed expansion by Hubble is nothing compared to the inflationary period...anyways I will not lose sleep over it but I do think the cosmology is more philosophy than most will admit.
It wont change soon.
Lets face it if folk will believe all that is laid out by religion believing the current cosmology which is supported by good science is a reasonable expectation.

I would say BB is not going to get rolled...heck if you cant roll the church that offers no proof what chance do you have to roll the BB when it is supported by "science" particularly GR. ..not a chance.

I did not really watch the vid fully cause it seemed a little too long and clearly had an axe to grind.
If you read my posts fully you probably realise I am not a big fan of the big bang because of the reasons that I laid out however I am not ready to go over to the flat Earth ever.
And as I said although not happy with the big bang I can live with the fact that it is the prevailing model.
My personal view is as laid out which brands me as a crack pot but it is my view.
The vid is just to long for my short attention span so I ask what did you get from it...
Alex

Last edited by xelasnave; 17-02-2018 at 11:59 PM.