Zuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by byronpaul View Post
Do you mean Tarantula

Nice wide field you have there.
Hi Paul, Thanks. Don't know why I said that, but it's edited now

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKay View Post
Good effort Zuts, lots of detail appearing.

Add some more time (without the Moon).

Have fun!
Hi Peter, Yes I am happy with the detail, not happy with the star colours though. I may try a re-process without stars and add them back later. Need to work out how though.

As far as the moon is concerned, every night in Glebe is like a full moon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanJones View Post
Very nice effort Zuts. Well done !

Which sky glow filter are you using ?

Ryan
Hi Ryan. It's a Astronomic UHC filter. However It still allows UV/IR. I have just purchased a ZWO dual band and am keen to try that when the weather improves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Startrek View Post
Hi Paul
Great effort from inner city Glebe , don’t know how you do it , you must be bordering in Bortle 9
I’m out in the suburbs at Bortle 7/8
Did you use Startools for processing ?
I didn’t hear from you after I sent the sample workflow
Well done !!
Martin
Hi Martin. Yes, thanks a lot for that Star Tools tutorial. This was processed with Star Tools. I think I am getting better but am still not happy with the over processed look I am getting. I am also trying Gimp but that tends the other way, and masking is not so easy. Anyway I will keep at it as I purchased Star Tools.

Hopefully the ZWO filter I purchased will improve things, but guiding is still an issue. For this shot the guide scope was pointing just above a street light which washes out the entire guide image, so I couldn't get better than about two on the graph. There was also a lot of jumps to 4 which meant I had to discard about 20 frames as the stars were too eggy. I have uploaded a few photo's so you can see how poor my imaging location is. The first image is just prior to running a PA routine so is pointing directly south, which is where I had to point to take this image. The second is pointing west for a Lagoon shot. This is better as it is pointing away from direct street lights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_T View Post
I'm amazed at the detail that can be had from Glebe! well done.
Hi Robert, thanks for the comment.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (image1.jpg)
145.2 KB43 views
Click for full-size image (image2.jpg)
87.7 KB62 views