View Single Post
Old 18-09-2014, 01:15 PM
Renato1 (Renato)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stardrifter_WA View Post
Hi Renato,

I don't know what the laws are in relation to compound bows. It is more likely that they too come under controlled weapons legislation. I have a compound bow too and don't need a licence. However, I believe that a "cross bow" is now a prohibited weapon in WA. Understandable really, as "cross bows" are deadly and are not really a sport weapon. I am surprised that a compound bow doesn't yet require a licence though.

I haven't used my compound bow for a while, as I can no longer pull back the 70lb draw weight, due to a wrist injury.

Cheers Pete
Hi Pete,
Yes crossbows are banned in Victoria too - which I thought strange, as the ones typically sold here were a lot less powerful than compound bows. All the Ebay ads say that no licence is required for a compound.

Can't you turn the poundage down on your 70lb one? I've got a 57 to 70lb one which gives me a work out drawing 57lbs. I've also got another one which I use more often at 50lbs - since I don't wreck arrows as much with it.

Though I'm having more fun with a cheap recurve riser, long bow.

I bought them because I was getting frustrated with all the foxes around here walking around like they owned the place, and wanted to take pot shots at them. Strangely, I haven't seen one since I bought the bows.
Cheers,
Renato