View Single Post
Old 18-01-2021, 09:21 PM
The_bluester (Paul)

Where I am interested in it is in being able to image in full OSC mode, then re image with either a HA or dual band filter and to be able to get a separate HA and/or OIII integration to layer in to the OSC data.

I popped the damaged 2" HA filter in the train today and shot some flats and I can't see any significant issues from the crack, so I am going to push on with it to experiment with how the camera goes gathering HA.

The only problem I have at the moment is that I have found so far, no one makes an unmounted 36mm duo band filter. I plan to go to mono down the track and want to be able to put whatever I put in front of it in a filter wheel, but in the duo band there seems to be 1.25" and 2" mounted options. 1.25" will almost certainly cause vignetting, and 2" would make for such an expensive exercise for the likes of Chroma or similar filter that I would do better in the long run to just buy 36mm unmounted HA, OIII and Lum (To keep it parfocal) to put in a 36mm filter wheel.

If I could be convinced that ZWO have sorted the halo issues they used to have on some of the NB filter then that would change things as it would make 2" filters affordable.