View Single Post
Old 18-01-2019, 09:32 AM
Peter Ward
Galaxy hitchhiking guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Haese View Post
Thanks guys for the comments. It is a lovely looking object.

Thanks Glen. Yes fortunately I have had the RC imaging for the last 8 or 9 months. I had to recommission it after several issues arose with the old computer, a new rotating focuser, new computer and several other problems. All of which now seem to be resolved and that means I have at least one system gathering data.

The AG12 project has been a disaster overall and does not seem to have a commissioning completion in site. Optically the scope is ok, but the corrector seems to have issues with the threads which is causing quite bad tilt. For such an expensive corrector I am quite angry about not being able to use the scope by now. So thankfully the RC12 is able to image and produce half decent images. Lesson learnt.
Nice rendition of the egg. The stars have a clean look to them, though I would have thought with 33 hours the background might have been a tad deeper ....Sorry to hear about the AG12...can I take OOUK have been caring and sharing and offered a warranty replacement? Seriously I was curious as to their take on things.