Thread: Mono or OSC?
View Single Post
Old 16-08-2018, 11:51 AM
glend (Glen)

Kevin, it also depends on your health going forward. In the near term your going to be pretty weak for a few weeks, then cardio rehab will help rebuild your stamina. As I am going through the same sort of health issues, I have parked my astro activities while I work out how much of a hit my health has taken. In my case I am going to be downsizing my scopes at the very least. As I am mainly imaging, refractors are likely my direction, and light weight triplets like those up to my 115mm TS APO.
As far as the ASI183 is concerned, it is worth while reading Jon Rista's ASI183 Beta Test thread on CN. I am a fan of mono cameras (having an ASI1600MM-C), and narrowband. With narrowband it doesn't matter too much about where I end up living, I can still image. OSC really needs darkness unless your ok with shooting a lot of extremely short subs to beat skyglow. My dark site trips are probably out for life now, i can't risk being too far away from a treatment facility if i have another health emergency (thinking about my as yet unstented blockage). I have sold off my camper trailer this past week, and accepted that i have to work from my home observatory in the future.
Narrowband gives you options, that is my message. It also gives you great artistic expression opportunities.