Thread: The cube.
View Single Post
Old 15-05-2018, 12:59 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lognic04 View Post
How much would this cost do you think?
I have not kept tabs but you need 3 sheets of ply 8 x 4 ft ( say $240? depends what you can buy a sheet for but it can be found cheap if you look around..or if you know a builder☺) cut to 4x4 and one of those cut to get a two foot section a six inch section and a one and half foot section ( the door etc) and the roof you cut to have two halves two ft each..about 25 ft of 1.5 inch square pine or 2 x 1.5 inch for framing (? per ft) which only goes in corners and door framing, one piece 4 inch by 4 ft for the tilt in the roof (? per ft) cut each piece on the diagonal and you have the roof..and say 100 hex bolts 8 hinges ($70 approx) and perhaps use iron for the ridge cap ($10?) rather than fiber glass ply bits to make it simpler.
Paint probably $70. But I used spray cans to do the cammo...but you should be able to round up some old paint..sealing is the priority.
I made the pier out of cement but had the mount attachement section already.
I used wood glue but in retrospect I would use contact cement for ease of assembly ...you frame the panels and screw most of the frames onto the panels ..contact probably wont do much other than hold stuff in place so you can screw it together.
I used drill tipped hex screws because they are fast..no drilling bang in in an instant with a cordless driver.
The key is to watch out for cheap ply...its only formwork type stuff although mine was rather pretty veneer...
Alex

Last edited by xelasnave; 15-05-2018 at 01:09 PM.