View Single Post
Old 04-05-2006, 06:50 PM
Gama

Yeah, Christian is sort of right. Like i said it doesnt have Median filtering, but it also does..Politicians talk..
In reality, if the NR is OFF (Not Long Exposure NR), then upto 800 ASA the image is dead raw. If you use a higher ISO e.g 1600, 3200 then it has minor filtering which was tested by some big name reviewers and they confirmed its not anything to worry about, unlike previous models. Thats why i stoped going anymore than ISO 800 on the tests.
I wont use anything faster than ISO 800 anyway, plus i also checked the quality of the image and i cant see any difference. Stars were still pinpoints and nebuale showed up clear and sharp.
I would let others decide if its bad or good when they see the images them selves. All the reviewers say when switched off the images are sharper on the higher ISO's, all be it with a little more noise. But below ISO 800 its 100 % OFF. When the NR is ON then the minimum ISO is 400 before any filtering is done, soo below ISO 400 it again is not touched.

Hehehe i went to the site, but pour le voue Francie NO !. I'll just send you to a Greek site next time !!!!.
Now i think they documented the Spectral response for the 20D and the 5D i dont think thats correct, as i would assume the 5D would be much better than the 20D. But maybe it is..Dunno...
Im sure that it would be a matter of time before there was a patch for the D200 to remove or at least bypass filtering at all ISO levels above 800.
This is why i think many people beleive that the D50 has lower noise, cause i really think theres more filtering going on than the D70 at the same ISO.