View Single Post
Old 14-10-2012, 03:48 PM
AstroTourist (Terry)
Show me the universe

AAQ Eclipse Education Website

The AAQ eclipse education website is now on line at www.eclipse.aaq.org.au The website has been developed to assist teachers to provide a range of lessions and activities linked to the eclipse. The material has been developed by a joint group of volunteers from the Astronomical Association of Queensland and the science Teachers Association of Queensland.
Although it is targetted at teachers, there is lots of information of general interest about eclipses and the eclipse in November.
The website includes: detailed information on the science of eclipses and details of the eclipse of 14 November as it will occur both in and outside the path of totality; a range of activities and lesson plans with the eclipse as their focus, ready for use in the classroom and all linked to the National Curriculum; prepared PowerPoint presentations to assist in teaching about eclipses in general and this year’s eclipse and posters promoting the eclipse.
All this is available for viewing or downloading. A useful first point is to download the 28 page booklet which includes much of the descriptive text on the website. It is available under the downloads tab. A printed copy of this booklet as well as posters and a CD of the powerpoint presentations and activities has been sent to all schools in Queensland.

Although this is specifically aimed at Queensland schools, much of it is applicable to schools outside the path of totality so it is relevant to the whole of Australia.

I would specifically urge any teachers to check out what is available on the website. And if you are a Queensland teacher and have not seen the package of information sent to your school (they were addressed to Principals or equivalent) then please use the "contact us" form to request another package.

Anyone with any specific query anout the material please PM me or use the Contact us form on the website.

Regards,
Terry Cuttle