View Single Post
Old 29-06-2020, 06:43 PM
LewisM
Novichok test rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeteth View Post
Sucks Lewis, I'm lucky to have a great connection but a mate of mine has suffered on a worse than dialup connection for about 5 years and has also been waiting for NBN. They've delayed it at least a year from initial forecast... don't think there's much you can do

A quick tip for those out there who are on Telstra since it's relevant. If you're having issues with your service (NBN, phone, whatever) - when you call up to try to get help make sure you lodge a complaint. Literally say the words "I would like to lodge an official complaint about this issue" and do not hang up the phone until they give you the complaint number.

Once that's done, you should be assigned a case manager - generally someone who doesn't just read off a script and can actually provide assistance. I've been navigating the woes of Telstra for a good 15 years and this is the best method I've found. Also feel free to ask your case manager for compensation for any issues you've had. I reckon I've had at least $500+ removed from my bills over the past 2-3 years through doing this.

Yup, been doing just that since moving to Canberra. We've been waived 3 months of fees, given 2 new modems gratis (including one with the backup 4G ability), and most recent was $270 credit for ongoing issues.

Most pathetic thing is the Defence business hub literally spitting distance from us has had NBN for the past 3 months yet the last 50 metres seems to befuddle Telstra no end. The wiring etc was done 2 years ago right to our house (we were slated for FTTP, now its FTTC), and then...nothing. And still...nothing.