View Single Post
Old 17-05-2017, 10:08 PM
Peter Ward
Galaxy hitchhiking guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atmos View Post
Fantastic Peter! That RC certainly produces good results.
Thanks...I consider myself very fortunate to be able to use such great scope. It just works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc4darkskies View Post
Yep, I'd expect 19 hrs of Lum to do the trick! Sure looks like a great start there Peter! Very nice!

Can't tell whether the crispness is a result of the down scaling or the decon though .
Ta Marcus...the sharpness is a bit of both I had high hopes for more colour data tonight....

Quote:
Originally Posted by leon View Post
Certainty impressive work Peter, love it.

Leon
Thanks Leon...it's getting there, but I figured I needed a reality check before I pushed further, hence my putting the L data up on the web to get some feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Pugh View Post
You can always tell quality optics, combined with precise focus, and no doubt use of an AOX.

Very detailed, very nice.

cheers
Martin
Thanks Martin...indeed the AOX pulls in the data well. Pristine stars at 3300mm FL are otherwise a tad more of a challenge !

Quote:
Originally Posted by el_draco View Post
Beautiful job. Cant wait to see the final version.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Octane View Post
That is going to be an absolute corker once completed. :O

H
Thanks guys... the forecast will give me a chance to tinker with the colour data gathered so far (only about 5 hours worth all up)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevec35 View Post
Well you're raising the bar again Peter. That Alluna is some scope but I think there is a certain amount of user skill involved too.

Cheers

Steve
Ta Steve. With the volume of data so far (77 x 15 minute subs) I'm warming to Pixinsight's handling of registration and stacking. Well worth the pain of getting to know PI's quirky interface.