View Single Post
Old 04-04-2020, 01:11 PM
The_bluester (Paul)

I don't think I have put my setup in here before, certainly not my current one.

Having dabbled in AP for about a year and making the mistake of borrowing Andy's lovely Stellarvue SV70T, I ended up buying a brand new SVX80T-3SV, pictured here with my old (Year old!) Skywatcher Evostar 72mm on top as a guide scope. I am just waiting for a new OAG to arrive to add another brand to the franken-setup as the OAG that appeared to have the best chance of no flex that would work in my kit is the QHY OAG-M which I can put together either all with bolted flat parts or screwed together adapters (Add Blue Fireball to the franken mix along with a TS optics rotator)

I tested this with my wifes full frame DSLR last week and even with a 2" filter about 50mm from the sensor there was only the tiniest bit of vignetting in the corners and a sniff along one side, probably from the mirror box, and while 8um pixels are pretty forgiving, crisp stars to the corners. I am dead keen to arrive at a full frame camera for this in a while but the current situation in the world means I plan to just make the best of it for now. Once I get the new OAG set up I will probably sell the ED72 and reducer, a good little starter package but I have outgrown it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (SV80T.JPG)
111.8 KB66 views