View Single Post
Old 26-10-2012, 12:30 PM
AstralTraveller (David)

Quote:
Originally Posted by philiphart View Post
Great link. And thanks for the other details Terry.

Even Bob's Lookout on the Mulligan Highway is to be closed. I assume that parking off the highway at the end of the long straight east-west stretch before it turns north and heads up to Bob's Lookout will be ok? It looks like it would be reasonably easy to get off the road in that area? If the weather forecast suggests that is better than where I am staying on Newell Beach (Port Douglas), I plan to head there the evening before the eclipse and setup. But would prefer not to get moved on by police at 4am..
I think the closure of Bobs Lookout is madness. It's a beautiful viewing spot. The closure won't affect me but I have recommended the spot to a few others. They should manage the traffic not tell people who have traveled 1000s of km to be there they they must view from a second-rate spot.

In general I think this announcement has come far too late. Perhaps if you are in Cairns getting advice a few weeks out is OK but many of us have been planning this all year. We should have known what the options were months ago.