View Single Post
Old 12-09-2006, 04:57 PM
EzyStyles (Eric)
I HATE COMA!

Thanks for your reply guys. I took my scope into Bintel today and got roger to have a good look at it. Got myself also a cheshire collimator. He suggested it might be the focuser sitting on an angle. I did some alignment method and placed a white piece of paper behind the secondary. took secondary mirror and focuser out. measured the radius of the focusing hole and placed a centering dot on the white paper. put back focuser and chuck in the laser. no problems with the tilt of the focuser at all. im still puzzled. I have attached a pic looking down the focuser with both mirrors well collimated. The only part i can see which isn't aligned is a black crescent as pointed by the red arrow. to me , it looks like a part of the secondary mirror. but both mirrors are dead aligned i can assure on that.

here's some pics with the longer collimation screws . i use the 35mm 6mm for lock screws and 40mm 5mm for collimation screws. and the big washer from the baby seat kit to stop and more drilling on the secondary.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (1.JPG)
43.7 KB33 views
Click for full-size image (4.JPG)
76.0 KB34 views
Click for full-size image (5.JPG)
42.3 KB60 views
Click for full-size image (3.JPG)
33.6 KB93 views
Click for full-size image (2.JPG)
41.3 KB65 views