View Single Post
Old 15-09-2013, 12:04 PM
alistairsam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiraz View Post
The 3200 pixel size would be a good match for your scope in average/better seeing conditions. If you expect seeing down below 2 arcsec and want the best possible resolution, the 694 would be better (the 814 would oversample most of the time - lost sensitivity for no resolution gain).

Be careful if you are looking at AO - might be difficult to fit one into the available backfocus at f4
Thanks Ray,

But isn't the 3200 a lot more expensive with higher noise and is NABG? I believe its equivalent is the 694 which is cheaper and low noise.

I don't think I have too many options regarding actual sensors for this price bracket. might just have to make the decision based on vendor and local support.
But in terms of dynamic range, would there be a noticeable difference between the 8300 and 694 or is the comparison not like for like?
I'm waiting for a price on the STF8300 from the local supplier and Clive's ST10Xe.
I was considering the RCC1 mainly due to backfocus requirements if I fit a filter wheel, so how does this compare to the spherical aberration with the mpcc mk3?

Can an AO unit be added to the ST10Xe?

Cheers
AListair