View Single Post
Old 27-03-2017, 03:46 PM
C.A.L.
Allergic to Numbers

I'm doing the RV thing myself as I am bringing my kids along, planning to observe in Oregon, likely around Madras. Will be hiring the RV out of LA and driving north (with a detour to Yosemite on the way), but still deciding between a couple of RVs at the moment. Campsites (in Yosemite and at the Solarfest in Madras) and flights have been booked already though.

For those who haven't planned anything yet and don't want to get caught up in the last minute booking rush, I just thought I'd mention the trip that Mel Hulbert (from the Sydney Obs) is running, as she mentioned to me yesterday that it will have to close off to bookings in mid-April, which is fast approaching. The website for her trip is here: http://www.spacetimetravellers.com.au/

If you've travelled with Mel before on one of the many trips she's run, you will know that she has an uncanny ability to find clear skies, with plans always in place to switch locations at the last minute should it look like clouding over. While the trips themselves are always good value, seeing the actual eclipse is the main reason for going.

This will be total eclipse number 7 for me - fingers crossed :-)

Cheers,
Cathi