View Single Post
Old 13-02-2010, 08:44 PM
Paddy (Patrick)
Canis Minor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lismore Bloke View Post
Hello Patrick,
Outstanding report, you certainly have an eye for detail. Very impressed with the way you have navigated your way through that maze of objects. I should be brave and try to pick my way the LMC too! I've been seeing some nice PN's lately too, but don't have an O-III filter. What brand do you use, if you don't mind me asking? I'm thinking of getting a 2" and an adapter for the 1.25 Naglers, so I can use it on the 2" EP's as well.

Thanks, Paul. Mati Morel's atlas of the LMC is certainly very useful and very comprehensive. It certainly makes navigating easy. And the Night Sky Observers guide has quite a few photos of the complicated bits and labels each object. Very helpful.

I use an Astronomik 1.25" OIII. It's a bit of a shame to not have a 2" but then I use it a lot with my 13 and 9 mm Naglers. I find it quite interesting to compare UHC and OIII and they certainly show different things. I couldn't say I prefer one over the other - and both are 1.25". Adapter's a good idea - you'll definitely want to use it on your higher power eps.