View Single Post
Old 12-03-2013, 02:33 PM
multiweb (Marc)
ze frogginator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbeal View Post
Can't help you Mark, and while I can't work out why you want this, I guess there must be a good reason.
I have the Sony DSLR, and used Sony Data Suite along with Remote Camera Control, if I use the Sony at the scope.
LightRoom and CS4 as well.
With the more recent acquisition of the Fuji X-Pro1 I have been hamstrung for a time, with only the very latest version of LightRoom accepting the Fuji RAW files, or the bundled software that accompanies the camera, this being "Raw File Converter EX by Silkypix".
When I use the Fuji at the scope I shoot RAW obviously, then use Silkypix to convert the RAW to TIFF, then use either Images Plus, or CS4. Hey, will Images Plus do what you want?
Gary
Thanks for the info Gary. Neale as well told me IP does have a conversion routine doing that without debayering. I've just found out that MAXIM DL can also batch. If I rename the ARW file extension to CRW then MAXIM DL will read them. I'll try to batch the lot tonight and save them as unsigned 16 bits FIT. That should give me a proper bayer pattern in all the files which is what I want. So in the end you pretty much get a FIT file as if it was coming out of an OSC cooled CCD which is what I'm after.

The point of the exercise is to keep the whole dynamic range and extract each channel untouched. I know that's not the flow that everybody is using with Lightroom or other softwares dealing with DSLR RAW files but in this case I'm after something different. I don't want to jump to color straight away.