View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 06:24 PM
Bassnut (Fred)
Narrowfield rules!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidTrap View Post
I think Maxim disables guiding whilst downloading of the image is occuring and then waits until guiding is stabilised again before starting to image again.
DT
It does, with SBIG anyway. Paul, you said the subs were "pretty good" and the movement was between subs. So do you see any elongation at all in subs?.

If subs are OK, and the movement is only between subs, then flexure is not a problem (assuming the sub exposure times are far longer than the time between subs). How can flexure be a problem if 15min subs are OK and 20 seconds between subs show movement?.

A few years back I had this problem. On asking lots of experts (some of whom had seen this), there was no answer. I wondered if it could be guide settle time between subs, dither etc, but in the end the subs were OK, so it wasnt really a problem, I ignored it, although it was a puzzle..

If there is some elongation in *stacked subs* and more movement between stacks, then it makes sense the movement between subs is negated by the sub align processing, accentuating the difference between stacks. Flexure then could be the cause.