Thread: App: Timebound
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2017, 02:40 PM
sil (Steve)
Not even a speck of dust

It may not appeal to most people, its not a history lesson or reference book, just another way to experience. The JFK one was pretty heavy on the read as so much was occurring in such short time I got a sense of urgency from it and anticipation waiting for information as all the people involved did their jobs. I just got a better appreciation of all the pieces involved in an event that I've never had from books or documentaries, even movies which I guess we expect them to change pace to make it more dramatic. But I'm feeling these things actually were dramatic for those involved at the time. I do find it an interesting perspective. I won't say you or anyone else would feel the same way though. Like I said the concept intrigued me and the moon landing was of interest and enough to back it for the small amount at the time. Titanic and JFK have been interesting to experience this way (better than the movies and common knowledge has since both were before my time). I find it unbiased unlike a news report its just facts as they occur and with JFK I found myself wondering about some of the movements of people and timelines etc also like a being on a jury and being presented with evidence. Really no idea who this apps would best appeal to, but as I said earlier even though the events are really part of common knowledge I learnt a lot from the three I've done so far as well as the experience.