View Single Post
Old 12-01-2008, 07:40 PM
netwolf

Malincam is a hand modified version of the Mintorn camera. GStar-Ex is also a custom version from Mintron. The Malincam i think though is a modifcation of an older unit from Mintron, but it has most of its innards changed such that it is much much more sensitive. Also the Malincam from memory has TEC Cooling to make it more sensitive. The GSTAR-EX certainly has produced great results also but the Malincam would take the edge i think (based on what ive read), but you do pay for it.

I have used my friends Watec camera which is the same as the Stellacam 2 and considered getting one myself, but i still have my friends.... I will return it soon Apoman. It certainly is very good at displaying faint and fuzzies that my eyes could never otherwise see in Sydney skies. Coupled with a B/W security monitor it makes for very nice eye candy. I think i may have posted a image taken from the monitor at some point.

The Dragonfly Express it seems can also do frame integration on camera, using an external trigger. I am thinking of experimenting with this at some point down the track.

Regards
Fahim