View Single Post
Old 21-02-2019, 09:09 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Hi Andy
I would love to go for a higher voltage and I have costed it and could see $20,000 going to do it right.
My daughter has a gaming computer that can draw incredible power...I was expecting it to take 100 amps at 12 volts but fortunately it runs considerably lower, however it was thinking about her needs that caused me to look into 48volt.
So I bought a key start sinewave inverter (2 actually☺ the second when the first needed a minor repair) rated at 2kva and ran the computer on it...later I found it runs ok via the inverter from the batteries but limit that actuvity to when the Sun is out...☺.

I have 7 old 85 watt panels and 4 recently installed 300 watt panels and have recently been given another 8 panels which are around 200...not sure on that...but they have to be installed.

I now have 6 generators☺ ... the last from Aldi I could not resist only $200 for 2 kva.

I guess the real reason I am thinking about building a battery is it just would be a neat thing to do. ..I have been watching too many how to youtube videos☺
Alex