View Single Post
Old 14-05-2014, 03:16 PM
DJT (David)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiraz View Post
Hi David. I know nothing about the STL6303, but if that is the bias you get by doing a short dark sub, then I guess that is what it is - the screen shot you posted suggests that is the case. Might be worth asking SBIG if that is in the normal range, since you could possibly lose a little bit of dynamic range if the bias is set too high - probably not a big deal though....

very interested to know how you get on.

Regards ray
Hi Ray
I eventually followed up with SBIG on this as I slowly wade my through innumerable learning curves and the CCD came up as next in the queue.

Emailing with tech support, there was indeed an issue and the ADU levels I reported were outside of normal parameters. A quick response from David Morrow included instructions on how to do a reset and and its now operating at normal levels, around 1000.

I had a go at this sub-length technique last night but ran out of time to do any real sanity checks plus the full moon was'nt helping. Looks like I will be rebuilding a library of darks and bias...The reset made quite a difference and the old ones are now defunct.

So thumbs up for the initial thread as it triggered a realisation that all was not as it should be with the CCD.

cheers