View Single Post
Old 10-07-2018, 02:46 AM
TareqPhoto (Tareq)

Hey again,

Thanks for your posts.

Still i didn't make my mind about anything yet, on Facebook someone recommended me to go with something like 100mm scopes because i do have Canon lenses including the best one i have 300mm f2.8L IS mk1, he said with this i have to forget about any APO refractor in 60-80mm and directly go with 100mm, and i asked in many groups there about how can i attach or place any Canon lens on my mount, and they always go with wrong answers such as how to connect lens to camera but i have connector or how to use ring holder on the lens, but my question was simple as how can i use the Canon lens alongside with guide scope whatever on the mount, they are all connected to cameras, but then i can't place them on the mount together and the answers are like going in circle or no direct answer, one or 2 gave good answer but the links are for stores i never use or can't use, so it remains like either i can't find a way to use my Canon lenses with guide scope so i must buy an APO refractor or just keep waiting the right answer with links to stores i can order from and can ship to my country.

For 100mm i was hoping to keep saving and then buy Takahashi FSQ-106 and never look back, if i managed to use my Canon lenses then i can wait for 100mm scope and so i will save for a Tak, if i buy Esprit maybe one day i will buy a Tak then i can't sell this Esprit and it will be a waste.

I am not sure about TS scopes, sounds good reviews but i don't see so so many images and results out of them to justify one, 2 or 3 nice images aren't enough, when i look around i barely can see many images from those TS scopes, so i try to avoid them and go with popular names instead [SW, Orion, ES, Celestron, WO,....etc]