View Single Post
Old 23-06-2019, 01:03 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

The only answer that I have found so far to my question..."what was the size of the universe when the CBR was given off?" ... said that at 380,000 years old the universe was 43 million light years...I guess the author means it was 43 million light years diameter ...does that then mean the period of expansion , excluding the period of inflation, saw the universe grow from the size of a grape fruit (the size after inflation?) to 43 million light years (in diameter? ?) ... after 380,000 years...faster than the speed of light one may note but the light speed limit does not apply to space expanding but only to objects travelling thru space..if I have it correct☺.
That may not match the speed of inflation but nevertheless that is still rather extrodinary... but if we have a determined size at 380,000 years and an expansion rate does that not enable a calculation to determine the size of the current BB universe?? And therefore give the universe a finite size today?
Even that growth rate seems impossible...from a grape fruit to 43 million light years (diameter) in only 380,000 years...when even growing at light speed it would grow to only 380,000 light years diameter.... Maybe the maths says its possible but really that seems too hard to swallow. ...at least for me...And I know arguement from incredulity is a logical fallacy. ..still even knowing I am offering an arguement that is struck out via the logical fallacy rules...well I just cant accept the theory reflects reality...
Its surprises me that I seem to be alone in finding such an expansion impossible to accept...mind you that does not for a moment cause me to insert a magic creator entity but I do wonder why those who favour a creator entity are opposed to BBT as for me the only way to get those numbers would be thru magic.

Faster...much much faster than any explosion that you could imagine...and explosion would see a much much much smaller universe...mmm what size for an ordinary explosion. ..what speed does an explosion grow at...speed of sound maybe...anyways it would be only a small universe at explosuon speed after 380,000 years...must work it out.

So how big is the universe today?

Another thing...do others find it hard to accept that there is no outside to the BB universe and that all this expansion does not require "something" into which the universe can expand?
And why are legs just long enough to reach the ground☺.
Alex