View Single Post
Old 18-09-2018, 12:13 PM
redbeard (Damien)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shano592 View Post
Bump - Anyone have any insights?
Hi Shano592,

Happy to help but need to know exactly what you are asking.

You have listed a lot of things you have, but not commented on what you have done with them so far. So not sure what parts you need help with.

Have you tested any of the connections, set com ports and got familiar that all the hardware is communicating correctly?

Let us know.

In my setup I do this:
LX200 connected to laptop via serial cable USB to serial adapter. Using Ascom.

Canon DSLR connected to laptop USB. Using BYEOS
QHY5, (connected to guide scope), connected to laptop USB. Using Ascom.

I use Alignmaster software to get good polar alignment and that software uses Ascom to talk to the scope. (Use whatever method you are used to).

Once polar aligned I point the scope to a known star, centre the star, find the star reference, (name), in the handbox and hold down the Enter key for 3 seconds, then press again to sync the star. I do this on 3 stars in different locations in the sky. Once done, using the handbox, tell the scope to slew to one of the previous stars. It will then do a GPS fix and slew somewhere. It never seems to slew to where I have asked it, (probably because I did not have the scope in the HOME position first, but when I did have it in the home position, that has never made a difference for me anyway). But then I use the handbox to correct where the scope should be pointing, so a sync on that star and the goto works very well after that. Not sure if this is the best way, but it always works for me.

I use PHD for guiding.

Cheers,
Damien.