View Single Post
Old 14-03-2010, 08:19 AM
orestis

Obs report 8/3/10 + sketch

Hi everyone,

I've been a little busy with school and then there where days when it was cloudy but on this day it was clear and i had no homework.So i took out the scope(130mm) and set it up.

Castor double star

Castor is a very bright double star with what i depicted as being of yellow colour,but i has very poor conditions with relatively high winds so it was blurry and couldn't grab any good focus.The field in which castor is not very interesting with only 3 other faint stars but the showcase is Castor.I also did a sketch (attached) by using a #2 mechanical pencil on white paper and then inverted it and added some colour.

NGC 3201

Fairly bright glob which is not so condensed in the middle like other globs i have observed.nice glob.

Jewel Box Cluster (ngc 4755)

It is a oc of many stars at close inspection but what really grabs your attention is those 7 bright stars which make an A shape.The central star is a nice red star.I think the 10mm ep (90x) framed the oc beautifully.
Was going to try and do a sketch but i had school the next day and couldn't stay up too late.

I was trying to find the the eight burst nebula but couldn't find it.

Thanks for reading
Orestis
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (castor double star.jpg)
93.7 KB29 views