View Single Post
Old 22-05-2017, 11:23 PM
astroron (Ron)
Supernova Searcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by middy View Post
Maybe an advanced civilisation has worked out how to control their star's output and are using it to send a signal. Heaps more power than you could ever generate, and right on your "doorstep". Like a big-arse lighthouse; easily seen from all over the galaxy.
Answer me this
If a civilization could capture the energy of a star, then piloting a craft across the galaxy would be child's play
It seems mind boggling that they would use such energy to send a message across astronomical distances in the hope of contacting some hypothesized
civilization that they wouldn't know even exists.
I find it pretty poor science for these "scientist" to put forward in my opinion outlandish claims/ideas with this Dyson Sphere.
Because something doesn't fit the the current theory of star formation etc, doesn't give them the right to put out such nonsense.
An example of not knowing "everything" about star formation is the Supernova 1987A, up until this supernova exploded it was always thought that type 2 Supernovae came from Red Giant stars.
Sanduleak -69° 202 was a Blue Super giant star.
It changed the way astrophysicists thought about the revolution of star formation and of course their deaths.
Science still has a long way to go before it can explain everything to do with peculiarities of star formation.
End of rant
Cheers