View Single Post
Old 24-01-2021, 06:08 PM
gregbradley

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.C.D View Post
Hi Greg i have been using plate solve astap with nina for 3 years now and within 30 s and i am imaging
I have Nina. I'll check that out. Voyager is the other pgm I have heard is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJT View Post
Great question Greg
For those using Maxim DL with pinpoint lite.
Load image from prior session
Plate solve the image using pinpoint lite which is standard with Maxim DL
Right click the image and select Slew to Pinpoint centre

Scope will slew, take an image, check and adjust, slew to adjusted position, check again. All done
Sounds good. I don't have Maxim DL and no plans to buy it though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc4darkskies View Post
Why don't you use CCD Autopilot? It maintains a database of all the targets you've ever chosen (via TheSkyX). See attached pic of a portion of my DB. Even if you have a rotator it will rotate and do a precision slew to within a couple of arcseconds at the press of a button. Forget this nonsense of having to use an image from the night before!

Cheers,
Marcus
Thanks Marcus. That could be very handy when you want to add to last year's data.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_bluester View Post
Actually Voyager has a similar functionality to that though it is not a database of chosen targets. Via the virtual field of view in it's web dashboard, you can frame up what you think will be a good target and save the details (RA-Dec and rotation) and you can load that up at any time afterwards to go back to the same framing.
I'll have to check out Voyager.

Some great responses here thank you for your help.

Greg.