View Single Post
Old 04-03-2021, 12:57 PM
Andy01 (Andy)
My God it's full of stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by JA View Post
Nice image Andy. I really like the way the colours graduate almost as if a rainbow, most evident in the top left.

Best
JA
Thanks JA - there's some interesting structures in the Hydrogen gas there, it's almost like a barrier holding in the swirling maelstrom of O3 & S2 within.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matlud View Post
Awesome, I like the starless best for this one. Nice that there is still a smidge of green tones visible and has some nice 3D depth to it.
Cheers Mathew, I'm leaning towards the starless one as well, interesting that a few have picked up on the 3D appearance, wonder what it would look like from another viewpoint, say side on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_bluester View Post
Really nice image AC. Maybe we will get lucky this month weather wise and you can come and do RGB from here.

Really interesting to see the comparo back to the old WO scope. It was a nice scope but just seems to lack that last little bit of sharpness. I wonder how it would do if it was brought in to the current era with automated focus so it could be kept as well focuses as possible through the whole night.
Thanks Paul, who knows with the weather? Must be almost time for the clouds to disappear when the moon is new for once

Have to agree about the sharpness. At risk of a bad pun, the 'Tak sharpness' from this big Takahashi 130's optics is really noticeable, (now the tilt & spacing have finally been corrected!) when compared to the WO FLT110.