View Single Post
Old 31-10-2007, 01:23 PM
steveduncan

I am thinking about the Toucam a bit more now but I'm not sure about adding the adapter. Also it is costing more for the toucam+adapter. (about $145+32 compared with $149 for the LPI)

I am familiar with Registax (a little anyway). I have also got KC3CCD and have tried using it with a sanyo security camera but couldn't get a decent image (the camera i think was the problem. I did see moon features but quite washed out and blurry and I couldn't seem to improve it)

Is the Neximage a CMOS chip like the LPI? Does it's software include Registax? (did I read that somewhere?). Which version of the Toucam should I get? (there seem to be a couple)

I'm waiting for an OK money-wise from my HOD. I think under $200 nz dollars (I suppose about $180 australian) should be ok. (Fingers crossed)

(If these can be used in microscopes it will be an easier sell as he is a Biology teacher. I think we need a good microscope imager as the Sanyo camera above is a little complicated and needs to plug into another box to get the signal to the pc. Also the software is not very good.)

Stephen