View Single Post
Old 13-06-2014, 08:53 PM
graham.hobart (Graham stevens)
DeepSkySlacker

RC 10 and ao 8?+ff?

Hi all, assembling my super duper collection of goodies now and considering an ao unit, namely the new ao 8 that fits neatly with my stt 8300 SBIG.
My query is about back focus and if anyone has tried this before? For tips etc
My imaging train is GSO RC 10. Feather touch 3 inch focuser, astrotech flattener, spacers? then STTFWG8 then STT 8300'.
I know that the integral guiding sensor in the filter wheel has a reducer, and I assume this is taken into consideration with the spacing of the AO as it is manufactured specifically to modular fit together.
If my SBIG back focus is 17.5mm, and the spacing of the FF is 57mm -/+ 4mm then if I can fit the filter wheel and ao8 in that 57mm would it work ? (-17.5 '=29.5mm -actually thinking out loud there is no way that the imaging plane to ff distance is going to bye less than 29.5mm with the Ao 8t and three filter wheel so forget the Ff!
So anyone just have the camera filter wheel and ao8t on the GSO 10 and can give me an idea if it all works ok? I believe imaging at f2000mm with that weight on my pmx it would be advisable to get an ao 8 unit?
Mucho Gracias for advice

Graham

Last edited by graham.hobart; 13-06-2014 at 08:55 PM. Reason: Spelling