View Single Post
Old 03-05-2010, 12:50 AM
jase (Jason)

Dutch Astrophotography - live and well...

Well kind of...the Netherlands in general seems to be one of the most cloudiest locations on earth. As the land was reclaimed from the sea it is flat, thus no mountain terrain to break cloud formation (so I'm told). I've been here for a month due to work hence have not had much chance to get online. That said, I'm still imaging remotely. Will eventually release an image I promise. Too much data collection with no result to show isn't healthy.

Anyway, I stumbled across an astrophotography exhibition today, known as "First Light" at http://www.huismarseille.nl/. I found it most interesting not because of the huge hubble prints (very cool!), but the history and early publishing of astrophotography journals. The setting was the equivalent to an astrophotography museum. If there are any IIS readers over here, it is well worth the effort to check it out - ends 30th May. Its not far from the tourist mecca of Leisdeplien so easy to find.

The last two images are local talent. No names I recognised, nor met at AIC so I'm none the wiser however I was impressed by their offerings. Visually aesthetic.

I've attached a few pics for general interest. Will be back in Oz in a few weeks I hope.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (IMG_0880_moon.jpg)
146.9 KB48 views
Click for full-size image (IMG_0881_eta.jpg)
125.5 KB53 views
Click for full-size image (IMG_0883_m81.jpg)
96.7 KB52 views
Click for full-size image (IMG_0884_localtalent1.jpg)
131.7 KB55 views
Click for full-size image (IMG_0884_localtalent2.jpg)
132.6 KB50 views