Thread: [NOT REQUIRED] Celestron Advanced VX mount
View Single Post
Old 31-01-2020, 11:46 PM
beebs (Joel)

Hi,
i bought the heq5 2nd hand and never really got on top of it with the eqmod and apt so looking to focus on cpwi. i have a celestron evo 6 and as you do, began wanting to get into astrophotography. i just sold the heq5 and recouped my money back so im no worse off. I built a homemade wedge for the evo with some success, but just really prefer the celestron setup with alignment and the like. I also noticed you're selling the advanced GT which i was looking at. how have you found that. were you able to upgrade to the azeq6 you were interested in? i see its sold now. was that your swap from celestron to skywatcher?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outcast View Post
Is there a specific reason you want to change out from your HEQ5 Pro to the Advanced VX?

Just looking at the specs online & they appear to weigh the same & from looking at them both a few years back, they are about the same size...

From your 'For Sale' post I see you are looking to downsize to a smaller & presumably lighter weight rig.. I don't think the VX will give you any weight or size saving..

You might be better off keeping the HEQ5 Pro & just changing the OTA perhaps? Save you some coin at the very least...

Cheers