View Single Post
Old 14-02-2018, 10:24 PM
blindman (human)
Now I see !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LewisM View Post
Wife - who works in Cyber Security for one of the Top 4 - insists NO smart devices in the house - for instance, NO smart TV's, no linking anything to anything. All laptops have the webcam covered over with tape. It is NOT a conspiracy, it is REAL and admitted to by the NSA and others after Snowden's outing. A mate that owns an info tech/data management business also is LOW tech at home.

Similarly, all apps on the phone that are NOT essential are deleted. Facebook accounts are deleted/not active (one of the FIRST things government agencies ask for baseline vetting is about Facebook etc. Just wait what they ask you for negative vetting...or TSPV).

The more technology evolves, the LESS I use it's functionalities. A few recent Black Mirror episodes regarding ratings and technology may make you think a bit too. Do we need it? NO! Life was just fine without it all. I manage to get through the day JUST FINE without seeing what some d!ckhead had for lunch...which then of course forms a profile....
Very, very interesting, but most people "do not care" unfortunately.