View Single Post
Old 11-05-2009, 09:47 PM
Gama

The QHY-9 has the Kodak 8300, as does many other cameras.
Images will be the same on all new cameras having this CCD as long as temperature is low, and the guy who processes them knows how to.

The well depth of the Kodak KAF-8300 is low and the QE not too bad, but suprisingly it still produces decent images.
It has lower noise than its older sisters, so again this is a plus.
Any camera with this sensor if found cheap, should be snapped up. Regardless of brand, and as long as it has good cooling, your on a winner.

The QHY-9 does have regulated cooling, just set and forget. It is capable of -50 deg C delta max, so it does its job here well.
Its light, only 500 grams, and small, about 110mm diameter and about 70mm long, so pretty small.
The issues with light leaking in during daytime darks was fixed, although not many camera are totally light sealed for absolute darkness for daylight darks either.
The main issue was with the users applying a DC overvoltage to the input of the camera, normally due to wrong power supply used. Again this was addressed and subsequently, a new board was designed to withstand most user errors.
A note to this, is that all cameras sold previously have had the old board replaced free, so you wont be stuck with a "early" model. They will all be the same.

As for Images, they are out there, just need to sort out where and who took them..
Remember the cameras only been around 3 months now.

The info of the camera, exposure, temp set and temp during exposure etc are all on the FIT information window.

Vigneting, as i mentioned to you..
I use my QHY-9 without filters, reminds me when i first bought the SXV-H9 when it was first released many years ago. Never had filters back then either..

Theo