View Single Post
Old 10-11-2008, 09:21 AM
bojan
amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJDD View Post

What do you mean by "Export Models"?
In japan, they very often run separate productions for domestic and overseas markets.. What is appealing to Japanese buyer does not necessarily means it would be accepted to western markets so they cover both.
When I bought my first digital camera (Samurai, by Kyocera) it was Japanese model. All menus were Japanese, and AC adapter was for 110V.
This was not the problem for me, since one of my friends translated couple of key pages from manual, and I was using only download from the pool of camera features available, so menus were irrelevant for me, I just learned how navigate to get to the download page. The original AC adapter was useless, though. Luckily, on their website I managed to find the English version of twain driver (for US models).
On the next trip to Tokyo, I found the export model in one of shops (I think it was Bicc Camera Shop) - with English menus, manuals etc. But it was 30% more expensive...
So, just be careful what you are getting, it may prove to be more expensive at the end of the day...