View Single Post
Old 27-10-2013, 06:34 PM
gregbradley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Haese View Post
Interestingly several reasons exist for my decision. As a photographer of 41 years I have always like the width to height ratio of 35mm aspect images. It suits screens, looks great printed and has a natural look to it. Square frames don't look right to me. Even though I started with medium format, it just does not look right.

The other problem is putting a square into an imaging circle which only just covers the sensor comes with its own problems. Ones which I am not keen to spend a lot of time on. If I want a square it only involves doing a mosaic.

The AOX will fit perfectly within the back focus I have left. It doesn't take up much room. And in the end the whole AOX, filter wheel and camera takes up less space than the STL with AOL and MOAG by a significant margin.

Yeah I get it regarding the square image. That wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea and it was something I considered when I first got an 16803.
I don't mind it now but most pictures and paintings are rectangular.

KAI11002 has its advantages as well. One being a KAI interline chip it does not have RBI which perhaps is some small advantage. There are also millions of great images taken with that chip so its definitely a classic.

Good to know about the backfocus requirements of the 2 systems. I didn't know that. It uses 50.8mm round filters right? It does not need 65mm filters, that's only the STX16803 right?

Greg.