View Single Post
Old 30-06-2018, 08:56 PM
TareqPhoto (Tareq)

Something wrong with your posts here, i am talking about imaging only, for visual i am already fine with my Mak, and i didn't use my 8" f5 Newtonian yet, but i was talking about imaging only, and for imaging it is a different story, many told me visual is something and imaging is something else.

I saw images done with SCT such as 11" or 14" with 2x Barlow, let's say 14" which gives 3910 from Celestron, with 2x this is 7820, say 7000, or say 8000mm, isn't this too much already? but the result is amazing, i also saw images done from Dob or Newtonian of 10" or 12" and 5x, those scopes will through nearly 1200-1500mm, with 5x and you are at 6000-7500mm, and nice crisp results, from where did you get the idea that it is not possible?

If i didn't see the images or i am wrong about what i saw then i won't ask, i will buy Powermate 2x and 5x no matter what, i will test 2x with the Mak to have about 5400mm f30, and that 5x with my Newtonian to through at 5000mm f25, i will compare both and see, you are telling me that 3000mm-4500mm s the most it can be done, maybe you are right, but what i saw by images and description and doing a Math is telling otherwise, and i already said that the seeing here is that good really most of the time, if others did you Barlow and went higher than 4000mm or 5000mm and nice results in fair to good seeing condition, why can't we under same condition then?

A Powermate is also different than a standard Barlow, many said it is a game changer or a magic, i will never know until i use it or test it, i do have 3x Barlow from Tele Vue, but it is too much with my Mak, and it is great doing nice job with my ST80, didn't try it on my Newtonian but i am sure it will do great job with Newtonian too, so a Powermate should do a better job than this Barlow regardless they are from same brand, and again, all my judgement coming from seeing the images, i also got some comments saying that those are very skilled or pro imagers, i don't believe in that if they don't have good gear and good condition and timing, so i won't give up, it is so simple, either larger SCT such as 14" or 16" but too expensive, or Don/Newtonian from 12" up to 16", i will skip 18"-20" ones, there is no such thing as "12" or larger scopes aren't good for planets, you can't do much, but others can and you can't for no reason".