Thread: murky M83
View Single Post
Old 19-04-2014, 08:58 AM
jenchris (Jennifer)

murky M83

It seems in this part of the country at this time of year, that the sky if clear has a seeing that is so poor that AP is something of a hit and miss affair.
I set up last night and within 5 minutes of alignment, the sky had congealed into a white slate.
So I went inside andwatched Hugh Dennis and Julia Bradbury walkigwhere I will be walking in a week or two - across the dales of Yorkshire.
Looking outside a while later the sky had miraculously cleared to a sort of gruel rather than a chowder.(talking soup here)

So I went out and switched on again and evendid a polar align to check I wasn't wasting my time - the wonderful Sirius slid into view and settled just shy of centre - so I reckoned I was good to go
Went to M83 hoping to get some decent data - managed to get 21 minutes in 3 min pieces before the guider went ping and I looked up into chowder once more - I gave up and went inside to process it.
So here it is, not my first light photo for my new mount but certainly the longest data.
The stars are nearly round (smaller ones that wouldn't have registered with the LX90 and wedge are a little slot like.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (april 2014crop.jpg)
82.6 KB79 views