View Single Post
Old 26-08-2019, 11:35 PM
glend (Glen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xelasnave View Post
For commuting why could we not have really small cars...like those little little three wheel things..less energy, less in running costs and park two in place of one...look at the cars..big car one driver..does not make sense really...heck if cars were only as big as they need be they could run on 500cc..fact.
Alex
Hard to see how they could achieve NCAP 5 in those things. There are millions of them in India and other countries. Can you just imagine the death toll when they mix with the demolition derby that is the Sydney M4.
Sydney City Council is still resisting the electric scooter hire businesses, arguing that Sydney is not designed for them, but apparently Brisbane and Adelaide are. No mention of electric bikes however. As an ebike owner I refuse to ride on the main roads in my area, there are plenty of shared bikeway/walking paths, and quiet residential streets, that get me to the shops and back, or along the lake foreshore cycleway.
Having been given several broken ribs and a collar bone by a Mini which hit my Honda 500 when i was a young man, I have an appreciation for protection and isolation from heavy vehicles; if it had been something bigger than a Mini I might not be around now.
Alex there are already electric cargo bikes, trikes, that you can buy but family transport, I hope not.