View Single Post
Old 26-08-2019, 01:10 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Ward View Post
I'm thinking: surely your comment is very tongue-in-cheek Alex?

(Almost every Politician I have spoken with over the years has left me nonplussed. "Yes Minister" was actually a documentary )

None the less...getting back to the post "will an EV be in your future"

Seeing as EVERY major car maker in Europe is migrating to EV's and countries like Norway will ban ICE powered cars by 2025, plus the Australian car industry is non-existent, the simple answer is, you'll be struggling to buy something with an internal combustion engine by then.

The matter will be decided far beyond kindergarten Australia's shores.
Perhaps tounge in cheek for those who know the truth but for the masses I mean everything I say.

Our world may been seen to be run by lobbists but I like to think they too are just concerned citizens trying to promote new ideas that will benefit every one.
I often wonder how many lobby folk...that is the number that controls our future.

I like the idea of more electric things, certainly I like the idea of electric cars, I don't like the idea that uranium will be the beneficiary of the move against coal and hopefully it's invasion of the energy market will be halted by more solar power, even wind power I guess and perhaps hydro power, although it seems out of favour...perhaps because of the Snowy thing..folk blame hydro electricity for diverting the Snowy but I think it was agriculture that perhaps was to blame.

And why we can't have all those in our prisons on treadmills that provide energy may be a decent situation but heck all that manpower and the need for exercise when confined in a small space suggests it would be good for everyone.

And of course the future has probably already been drawn up by those who attend to that sort of thing ...

Those who we don't know about and really are not there will decide...the drama with coal should continue at least until it has all been used up as will it go for uranium and in time "they" will have a new energy product to keep us consuming and above all contributing.

Alex