View Single Post
Old 01-10-2020, 10:09 PM
appiice (Ed)

Nope No camera

In Bathurst, we have useless 45 degree reverse in parking, so you have to stop in front of where you are going to park, a fair and reasonable person would see a pedestrian crossing the road towards you. A fair and reasonable pedestrian would see the car slow, stop and then start to reverse back, a fair and reasonable driver cannot possibly be expected to see a pedestrian come across a road and walk behind where you are in motion, in reverse.
I saw the copper in my right hand external mirror, I didn't see him waiting to cross the street or even crossing the street, I only saw him when he was about to walk in the space I was reversing into.
Would I be at fault if I had hit him? yes, but I wouldn't be lying on the road injured.
So, my point is, right is all and good but what good would it have done him if I had hit him and what good would it have done me to live with the knowledge I had injured or killed him - unlikely as I was moving at or below walking pace.
Ultimately we are responsible for minimising the risk to ourselves, road rules and all included.