View Single Post
Old 22-02-2019, 08:57 PM
Wavytone

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post
“all-in-one” controller that manages autoguiding, image capture (with dither), autofocus control, GPS for long/lat, in addition to the GOTO & remote control via Wifi mentioned above.
To be honest I'd suggest he forget that lot, seems he can't really decide whether this is actually an imaging rig, or a travel scope. As you correctly pointed out harmonic drives are dreadful for PE anyway, which does rather suggest this is not really suitable for imaging, anyway.

A travel scope has to be airline portable and ideally backpack-able - and I've tried taking my 70mm to Cradle Mountain and backpacking it - and I can say there isn't room for all the rest of junk to make an imaging rig let alone batteries to power it all (which are illegal on planes). A true travel scope implies the user is probably carrying a smartphone, maybe a tablet at best - not the autoguider, laptop, filters, robofocus, camera, heaters and the whole carload of junk that makes up a full imaging rig.

What does it cost ? I didn't find it from a google search so I guessing this is not really in production yet.

Last edited by Wavytone; 22-02-2019 at 09:12 PM.